Thursday 3 March 2016

D+224 - "Travel So Far* " and "I'm Lucky** "

It is now over seven months since the transplant - 32 weeks to be precise - it seems a long time ago, so much has happened in that time, so many ups and downs; setbacks and advances.  I've had so much support during this time especially from Karine - I count myself very lucky hence the second title of this blog taken from a lovely collection of Joan Armatrading's early recordings.

Bone Marrow Transplant clinic again this morning; the GvHD is moderately well under control so the Ciclosporin has been reduced a little further, this is the stuff causing numbness in my feet and hands and upsetting my sense of taste so I'm delighted to have the dose reduced.

Haemoglobin and platelet levels have both risen a little - this could be an effect of the Epo injections, I had the third one this morning, equally it could be chance, it will take two or three weeks to know.  The weekly visits and blood tests seem set to continue for a little while longer.

Prof checked the vitamin D level and it is low presumably because I've hardly seen any sun in the past year, so it looks like more tablets may be on the way  :-(  the weekly total has soared recently and is back over two hundred.  This is partly because of reducing the dose of various tablets.  For example the Ciclosporin has gone from one 50mg tablet twice daily to four 10mg tablets twice a day, an extra forty two tablets a week.  At least the injections are only twice a week and if they work only for a month.


* Joan Armatrading - "Love and Affection: Classics 1975-1983" disc 1 track 2
** Joan Armatrading again - disc 2 track 13


1 comment:

juanjuergens said...

I am very enjoyed for this blog. Its an informative topic. It help me very much to solve some problems. Its opportunity are so fantastic and working style so speedy.
germany tourism