Saturday 20 February 2016

D+212 - "Fish and the Bird * "

The FISH result is back - this is the bone marrow test that detects tiny mounts of Leukaemia cells not visible down the microscope - and it was negative so I have a reprieve till the next bone marrow test in late April.

Meanwhile the GvHD is misbehaving a bit so Prof has suggested increasing the steroids if it doesn't settle down in the next few days.  Today I've put up the dose a little, too soon to see any effect, that will take a day or two; fingers (and legs!) crossed.

Karine and I have been taking advantages of the recent sunny days and have done several walks in local parks which make me realise just how weak my muscles are. The rehab sessions in the gym are hard work, no gain without pain I suppose.  Fatigue is a major enemy and the GvHD seems to exacerbate this.

Last night we had a meal at Patrick & Anne's house to celebrate our sister Lucy's birthday.  I think this is the first time all eight of us have been together since the autumn of 2014.  Anne and Patrick put on a delicious meal for us. My wonky taste buds did their best to spoil it but failed!

* Mark Knopfler - "Kill To Get Crimson" track 10

No comments: