Tuesday 29 September 2015

D+68 - "One Step Forward, Two Steps Back* "

It's been a mixed week so far. My brother Patrick popped in on Saturday morning and together with his dog, Dylan, we went for a lovely walk through Bestwood woods, the southernmost tip of what is left of Sherwood Forest, lots of ancient trees and a favourite hunting ground of Nell Gwynn and Charles II. We ended up walking down to the winding house of the former coal mine in Bestwood village and back again. I got rather short of breath on the way back up the steep hill but I'm sure it did me good.

Unfortunately the rest of my body had other plans. I've had the runs for the past four days which is now making me much more tired. Sunday was the first day I didn't do any exercise, just too tired. I've also lost much of the weight I'd gained in the last month, grrrr! I feel very frustrated. Several of the drugs I take have this side effect so it could be one of them that is to blame. Some of the chemotherapy has this effect too so I'm spoilt for choice here! 

This afternoon we're off to ENT to see what they can do to fix my hearing. It looks like being a tiring day again. Hope it's worth it.

As I've said before,it is one flipping thing after another. Someone at rehab said it is about six months before you begin to feel you're really improving. Several of them at rehab were in and out of hospital in these first few months so I suppose I should be thankful but it isn't easy.

Off to clinic in two days so I'm hoping my bloods counts will show some clear progress. I deliberately haven't asked fo the actual numbers for three weeks knowing that they fluctuate day by day. Prof Russels looks at them and says they are alright. This time I'll ask for the details!


* Lenin 1904 book of the same name

No comments: