Friday 23 September 2016

D+14 months - "Magical Mystery Tour" *

Back to clinic yesterday.  I'm no longer anaemic, the EPO  injections have sorted out my haemoglobin.

The platelet count is another story - they have dropped a little further so the EPO injections are suspended for the moment in case they are causing the problem.  Also I'm now on half dose junior aspirin - aspirin is an anti platelet drug - and I've been told to delay next week's third round of infant injections - they too have sometimes been associated with reduced platelets - all in all a mystery so it's back to clinic next week.

Meanwhile my insides are revolting again - GvHD of the colon.  The immunosuppressant treatment that was controlling this hasn't been changed in the last three weeks so another mystery - why are my new T lymphocytes attacking me?  As result of this my weight has dropped a little but seems stable again.

Despite all this I feel as well as I've felt for quite some time - thanks to the increased haemoglobin I presume unless the real reason is another mystery!

This last Tuesday Karine and our neighbour Janet ran a Macmillan coffee morning and also an afternoon session as part of Macmillan's 'World's Largest Coffee Morning.  They have raised about £480 so far.  The surplus cakes went to the school where Janet works and to the dept of Haematology!


Beatles - "Magical Mystery Tour" 1967 - track 1

No comments: