Wednesday 4 January 2017

Relapse + 56 - "Precious Time" *

Karine, Charlotte and I saw the consultant again yesterday to go over treatment options. We all came to the same conclusion that palliative care is the only sensible course.  The GP is activating the local Macmillan service and social services and they will do needs assessments - can't be soon enough the way things are going.

My biggest problem is weight loss.  I'm losing weight hand over fist day by day and no one knows quite why.  I'm back in outpatients sometime in the next day or so but I'm not confident anything else can be done.

Karine is being incredible, we have hugs and tears every now and and they do us a power of good. My overwhelming feeling is of a terrible sadness, I so wanted us to grow old together, to see our children make their way through life and watch our grandchildren grow up. I just hope and pray that Karine will be able to do this for both of us.

Before you think there is no joy in our lives we all had  a wonderful time at Charlotte's on New Year's Eve......





Someone on Facebook commented that Eden looks as though she is disowning the lot of us! ......

and no, we weren't roaring drunk, just being silly and having lots of fun.


* Van Morrison - "Still on Top - The Greatest Hits" - disc 2, track 1



No comments: