Monday 3 August 2015

D+11 - "Good News* "

My neutrophils are back!

Yesterday I had 0.1 which is the lowest level you can have. I had been told that after transplant the neutrophils might come and go for a bit before the new bone marrow gets properly established. However my sister Lucy's stem cells are absolute stars. Today I had a neutrophil level of 1.3 which is absolutely wonderful. A really good steep rise.

I still need to complete various courses of treatment, mainly the IV antibiotics so it is largely up to microbiology what happens next.

The important things are that I have a functioning bone marrow again and consequently the dangers from infection have fallen very dramatically.

* "Good News" - Good News Bible or Russell Howard's Good News - take your pick!

2 comments:

Colin & Jean E said...

Thank you, David, for sharing all of your updates with us. As you say, today's news is brilliant!
We shall pass it on to those who have been remembering you and praying for you and for your family.
Love from Colin & Jean

Jane said...

Three cheers for the neutrophils! Really interesting blogs. I had no idea just how much is involved in your treatment David. It must be pretty frightening for anyone who does not understand what is going on, but it must be pretty frightening for you too at times even if you do understand what is happening. Looks like you are getting really good care . Three cheers for the great NHS too!