Saturday 26 November 2016

R+16 - "Late November" *

Round one of the chemotherapy has finished without too many problems.  The anaemia is very slowly worsening making me a little more SOB on exertion. My platelets keep falling and needed topping up yesterday just to keep the level in double figures.

The bowel problem, GvHD, seems to have gone!  The chemotherapy is causing the opposite problem!  All being well the steroids will stop completely at the end of next week, perhaps then I will start to lose this puffy 'moon face' look though it will probably take some months to fade away.

To some extent the next three months will be just marking time, three more rounds of chemotherapy and trying to avoid infections.  My aim is to try and improve my fitness level in the meantime so that if I get into remission I will be in a reasonable physical state, not so easy when going upstairs make me short of breath and my leg muscles ache so 'fitness' is a relative term.

If I'm not in remission then I need to be in good shape to cope with whatever they want to throw at me next.

We've had several visitors in the last week or so and it is great to have a change of company for both Karine and I.  We try to make the best of each day, time has become a precious commodity.  Last night we had our granddaughter Eden staying with us, a real bundle of love, sunshine, happiness and enthusiasm.  We are very lucky to have her nearby.

* Pavlov's Dog - Pampered Menial - track 2


No comments: