Tuesday 28 June 2016

D+341 - "Go Down Easy" *

A long gap since the last blog, mainly because things have been going well and there is not a lot to report.  Karine & I went to clinic last Thursday and the steroids have been reduced yet again - now down to Prednisolone 2mg daily as of today.  The other steroids and the ciclosporin remain the same.

They don't want to see me in clinic for three weeks, the longest gap between appointments so far. Last summer and early autumn it was twice a week

The plan is to come off the last 2mg of Prednisolone much more slowly than when they tried previously, hence the title of this blog -  'Go Down Easy".  If that is successful I'll be off prednisolone in a couple of months or so.  Hopefully I will then start to lose the puffy 'moon' face that steroids cause and my skin will start to be less fragile.  The other steroid, Budesonide, isn't supposed to be absorbed by the body so shouldn't be causing the side effects associated with Prednisolone - I wonder if my body knows it's not supposed to absorb all this stuff I'm swallowing!

Karine's back and shoulder are improving at last and my Achilles tendon is slowly healing, it is just so slow and so frustrating.

We are getting on with the planning of the walk in the Derbyshire Dales on the 17th & 18th of September.  We want a title for the walk if possible.  So far all we've come up with is "The Bloody Walk" because it will be in aid of a local blood cancer research charity - we need something better - suggestions please!


* John Martin - "Solid Air" - track "

No comments: