Thursday 5 November 2015

D+105 - "Get Me Out Of Here* "

Hurrah, it looks like I'm turning the corner. My immunosuppression treatment was stepped up further three days ago - cyclosporin drip - and everything has slowed right down. Yesterday was my last day on the IVI so it's back onto oral therapy now, big doses of ciclosporin (for anyone interested - 130mg bd ) and steroids (prednisolone 50mg bd). Hopefully that will be enough to control the GvHD. Then we start the gradual process of reducing both of these.

Prior to the present hiatus I was coming off the ciclosporin and would have stopped it by now. Nevertheless I'm very very glad to have stopped running all the time. My weight has crept up a bit which reflects the fact that my insides are getting back to normal.

Karine still has the remnants of a cold so is still not allowed on the ward because of all the neutropenic patients. I miss her and can't wait to leave. At least we can talk on the phone and use FaceTime.  Charlotte comes in to see me most days which is great and a couple of other friends have been in too to whom I'm very grateful.

All being well I'll be home in the next couple of days and can catch up on some sleep, hospitals are not at all conducive to sleeping! It looks like it will be back to twice weekly hospital visits for a short time whilst they reduce the tablets, steroids first I would imagine.

LATE NEWS - 2.20 pm - Prof has just popped in between clinics and done a quick review, I'm going HOME later today - fantastic!!

* Paul McCartney "New" track 14

No comments: